ESSILOR SPECIAL LENSES. VISION FOR EVERYONE.
Spectacle lens wearers with very high prescriptions require special attention, and cannot be corrected with the ordinary lenses. For these complex visual problems, Essilor has brought its 170 year history in lens-making, technology and craftsmanship to find solutions for every individual no matter how complex his or her vision problems are.
ESSILOR'S SPECIALTY LENS SERVICE IS GROUPED INTO TWO OFFERS:
- a pre-defined range of lenses from -40D to +30D
- an on-demand service creating custom-made solutions.
Both aim to help eyecare professionals better support the needs of individuals with out-of-the-ordinary problems who require special lenses to correct their vision.
EXTREME AND COMPLEX VISUAL SOLUTIONS
The average or usual prescription range for short-sightedness is up to around -5D and for long-sightedness up to +5D. Outside this common range of vision prescriptions, Essilor’s Special Lenses Laboratory makes lenses for the more challenging prescriptions from -40D to +30D and beyond, this dedicated facility and team ensures that everyone has access to good vision.
UNIQUE TECHNOLOGICAL ACHIEVEMENTS
For the very atypical patients, Essilor’s optical engineers also focus on one-of-a-kind lenses.
In January 2015, the know-how and skill of those at Essilor’s Special Lenses Laboratory, allowed them to break the world record for a visual correction. A sports photographer was able to continue his professional life thanks to his short-sightedness being corrected with a pair of -108D lenses.
This know-how, achieved over nearly 170 years in optics, is present in the Exceptio range providing those who need it, access to precise, visually appealing and yet unusual lenses.
THE ADVANTAGES OF ESSILOR SPECIAL LENSES
Whatever the needs of the wearer, the Exceptio range offers precision and visually-appealing solutions.
- A very wide range: -40 to +30 spherical power in bifocals, -25 to +10 diopters for Varilux® Exceptio lenses, cylinders up to 12 D and prisms up to 15 D.
- Complex lenses: to meet the needs of very specific pathologies (low vision, extreme strabismus).
- Lenses for specific needs: of a professional activity or recreational pursuit (e.g. mechanics, librarians, dentists, target shooters, etc.).
- Exceptional additions: up to 4 D in Varilux Omega and an addition range margin for bifocals of +4 D and +5 D, and up to +32 D for Telemil 22 bifocals.
Special Lenses is just another way in which Essilor stands by its Mission – Improving Lives by Improving Sight.